Sunday 13 March 2016

Traveler - masculine birthday card




Hello and welcome back! I have been busy making a few birthday cards this week and have decided to enter them in this week's Global Design Project #26 - Sketch Challenge. The sketch has been designed by the super talented Teneale Williams. It was so beneficial to have this sketch to go by in creating these cards.

I made this card for my father's 60th Birthday which is this Sunday, 13th March, so have waited till then to reveal it. I decided to make two card fronts as they're both equally striking alone and suited the sketch. The final card had the Happy 60th Birthday inside. To celebrate this significant occasion my father and mother went on a cruise on the Queen Mary 2. The cruise liner ship on the Traveler stamp set was perfect to use for the card and the fact that my father loves boats and used to work as an engineer on them. I wanted to keep it very simple and masculine but still have a touch of elegance with the gold leafing. The Going Places designer series paper was also perfect for the masculine colours and the design using the compass and maps/grids suited this theme well. 

Here are the other stamp sets to help create the theme on these cards. 

1. The Number of Years bundle, I have used the thinlits dies to create the 60 and banner die and of course the coordinating stamped sentiments. 
2. Guy Greetings for the Happy Birthday sentiment, I cut the stamp in order to make the sentiment on the same line and being photopolymer you can put back again for it's intended use. 
3. Going Global for the globe as the backdrop to tie in with the sketch challenge.

The gold leafing was inspired by Bibi Cameron after watching her wonderful tutorial on applying gold leaf using the multipurpose Tombow glue. I just love it! simple and yet so effective. It just changed my whole world that I am going to definitely be making more cards like these, so a big thank you to Bibi - she is such an inspiration. :)

Lastly I have mounted the front panel on foam to raise it from the DSP, adding further dimension. I hope you like both these cards the gold leafing adds that elegance and professional finish.


 









All the items I have used are available on my online store or you can contact me directly and I can help  put the order through for you and will be delivered to your door.  Remember any purchase over $90 qualifies for a FREE product of your choice in Sale-A-Bration which is only until the end of the month so hurry don't miss out.

Please take a look at the other wonderful entries using this wonderful Sketch over the Global Design Project and hope you can also join in the fun in creating and sharing the love.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon! Happy crafting. :)


Products used:





Traveler Clear-Mount Stamp Set | 134513 | $35.00


Guy Greetings Photopolymer | 137178 | Price: $45



Going Global Clear-Mount Stamp Set | 140748 | Price: $33.00
Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack | 140581 | Price: $14.00




Number of Years bundle | 140811 | $85.75

4 comments:

  1. Both these cards are breathtaking! Gold just makes the stamped images extra special Juan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melodie for your lovely compliments. Yes so true! :)

      Delete
  2. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, Juan! You are so talented! Happy birthday to your dad. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project Sketch Challenge - I'm happy you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Brian for your kind words - it means a lot. My dad loved the card and thank you will pass it on. It's always a pleasure and a thrill to play along every week - just love the creating something new. :)

      Delete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)