Sunday 27 March 2016

Best Thoughts - #GDP028 Case the Designer: Jessica Williams



Hello friends, it's that time again for another Global Design Project entry and this week's challenge is to case the designer Jessica Williams.  "Copy and Selectively Edit".

Here is Jessica's gorgeous card:


I have taken the vellum overlay and floral imagery as well as the top folding landscape format of her card. You can also click on the picture to see more of the creative entries for this challenge.

For my card, I have used the hostess stamp set, "Best Thoughts". The imagery and sentiment of this set was perfect for a Thinking of You card that I have made for a friend to offer moral support and hope for better things to come. 




I just love the purple Hydrangea drawing in this stamp set and have done it in watercolour as it suited the style. The colours I have used are, Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant for the flower, Cucumber Crush and Wild Wasabi for the leaves and stem and accents of Daffodil Delight for the stamens. I have stamped this on the left corner and deliberately cropped it as this looks more interesting than just being in the centre or the whole image. It seems to make the image bigger too and I just love the truncated compositions.

I have used vellum overlay on top and gold heat embossed both the sentiment "You're in my thoughts" and the butterfly.  To secure the vellum, I have opted to sew this on my sewing machine with Stampin' Up! gold metallic thread in place of a ribbon. It didn't exactly turn out straight lol but I got there hehe. As you can see all is not lost, as I have wrapped around extra gold metallic thread to rectify the crookedness hehe and adds to the handmade look hehe.  I have placed a small panel of gold glimmer paper accent on the side to accentuate the gold stitching. 

The panel with the flower and vellum overlay have been raised on fun foam to give an even platform so it wont crease in the mail. I have used a strip of Timeless Elegance designer series paper on the end, the bold black and white striping just adds a touch of elegance. Lastly, just to add some bling I have added small rhinestones and silver sequins on the vellum overlay and brings out the vellum.





 

Inside the card I have just showed the top of the flower so as to have space for the sentiment and the butterfly symbolising hope and reflect the greeting: "The best is yet to come". I have watercoloured in the images with same colours and added orange and light grey for the butterfly wings on watercolour paper. Lastly I added a silver rhinestone on the butterfly's wings for an accent. I hope you like this card and found some inspiration to give it a go. This was just one example, as Stampin' Up! have so many great flower stamp sets you could use in place of this one and would be perfect with this composition.

For more inspirations be sure to take a look at the creative entries over at Global Design Project and hope you will join in the fun. 


Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again next time. Cheers! :) 



Here is a visual illustration of my card elements: 




Products used:


• Best Thoughts Hostess Stamp set (clear mount)
• Timeless Elegance designer series paper
• Gold glimmer paper
• Gold metallic thread
• Watercolour paper
• Stazon Ink Black
• Versamark
• Embossing Buddy
• Heat Tool
• Stampin' Up! inks: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Cucumber Crush, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Smoky Slate.

If you have any queries or would like help to order the supplies please send me a message. Thanks. :) 

8 comments:

  1. The outside of this card is very pretty (love the gold embossing) but I think I like the inside even more! You watercoloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie for your lovely compliments. Just love watercolouring it's become my forte now hehe. :)

      Delete
  2. Yet another jaw-droppingly stunning card Juan! I absolutely love everything you've done (including the wonky stitching!). It's a winner! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gail - you're too kind. I know how embarrassment with the wonky stitching lol - needs more practice there hehe.

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful Juana! Your watercolouring is divine. I agree with Julie ... the outside of the card is WOW, but then open the inside and .... even more WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryll for your lovely compliments. I'm deeply touched. Just love watercolouring and goes perfectly with this set. :)

      Delete
  4. What a soft and delicate image, Juan. Beautifully painted! I love the bold stripes along the side of the decidedly not bold flower. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's CASE the Designer Challenge at the Global Design Project - I'm glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brian - your compliments always makes my day. The vellum used in Jessica's card is a great way to soften an image and adding that demure quality hehe. It's always a pleasure to join in and love the challenges - so much fun! :)

      Delete

Thanks for making the time to write a comment - It is very much appreciated. Have a fabulous day! :)